Plenty of people write about the benefits of this.
But still few do it.
Here is the game changer;
Get up at 5am.
Why? Because most of the world’s top performers, business leaders and entrepreneurs have a similar ritual; and this ritual forms part of their edge.
Here is my morning ritual; I am not saying you should do it or that this is the best way, I am just sharing what works for me.
- 5am – 5.20am – Review goals
- 5.20am – 6.00am – Learning. Personal and professional development.
- 6am – 7am – Gym
- 7am onwards – Work starts…
By 9am I have given 2 hours to myself and have executed on 2 hours of focused work. That’s 4 hours of high value activity before the majority even starts work.
Some of the benefits:
- I have far more energy.
- I am learning continuously which makes me perform and execute at higher levels.
- I have more, productive hours in the day.
- I get a head start on my competition.
Here Robin Sharma talks you through the 5am club: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xC_DbgpPAc&feature=youtube_gdata
This habit changed the game for me. Maybe it will for you, maybe it won’t.
You won’t know until you do it.