A few blogs back (find it here) I posted 5 questions that had come up in conversation recently.
The questions were:
1) Given the slump in oil prices, why aren’t airfares falling?
2) What opportunities will open up in Cuba now that the USA and Cuba are “buddies”?
3) How accurate is EBITDA to base a company valuation on?
4) Are sales results a reflection of sales force capability or sales leadership?
5) Is the impact of content marketing diluting?
Here are my answers in 25 words or less
1) Record profits! (for some). Airlines have suffered for years, but low oil prices have driven profitability. They wont lower fares/fuel surcharges.
2) Travel, tourism, hospitality. see AirBNB!
3) It’s not accurate. It can be misleading! Make sure you look at Interest and Tax too…they are cash items and can change the profit considerably!
4) Well given that sales force capability is ultimately a reflection of sales leadership. I would say sales leadership is the key.
5) Yes. Just look at LinkedIn, try and cut through 300 million “publishers”…
There are deeper answers for each of course…but why use 26 words when you can use….25.